EMDR & CBT Counselling for trauma, depression and anxiety in Bedford and near Milton Keynes and Ampthill Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy & Clinical Supervision
I am based in Bedford and am offering Counselling: CBT and EMDR, Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy and supervision by Zoom and by telephone during the coronavirus outbreak.
Covid19 has created a challenging situation for the vast majority of people. It has led to:
- increased difficulties for whose who were already experiencing anxiety, depression and other mental health problems
- stress for parents trying to work from home and to simultaneously look after their children
- isolation as people are separated from other family members, friends, colleagues and school friends
- worry about the future and financial insecurity
- trauma to those who have contracted coronavirus, particularly to those who have been in intensive care
- grief and trauma to those who have been unable to visit family members in care homes or been prevented from being with loved ones while they were ill or dying and unable to mourn with family and friends
- trauma to those working in the NHS and in other roles impacted by Covid-19
Through psychotherapy and counselling I offer an opportunity to step back from your situation and to have the support and expertise of a qualified psychologist to help you make sense of what is happening to you and to find a way forward.
I have over 20 years post-qualification experience and specialise in working with people who have experienced trauma and other adverse life events, including those relating to Covid19. My practice offers Counselling: EMDR, CBT and Mindfulness for adults (18+) in Bedford and easily accessible from Milton Keynes and St Neots.
I also offer Clinical Supervision to a wide variety of health professionals.
I am registered with all the major insurance companies including Bupa, AXA-PPP, Aviva, Cigna and Vitality.
If you are…
- Stressed and anxious about Covid-19
- Struggling to cope with trauma, illness or bereavement
- Troubled by events from childhood or earlier in your adult life
- Facing difficulties or dissatisfaction in relationships at home or at work
- Weighed down by health problems or long-term pain
- Feeling anxious, burdened by stress or have panic attacks
- Experiencing low mood, hopelessness or sleep disturbance
then psychotherapy may be helpful to you.
I offer counselling: EMDR, CBT and Mindfulness easily accessible from Bedford, Milton Keynes and St Neots.
Assessment and counselling which is tailored to your specific situation and needs. I specialise in working with people who have experienced trauma. I have over 20 years’ post-qualification experience, previously working in the NHS and now in private practice, with people from a diverse range of socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and with a wide variety of problems. I am qualified in a range of therapeutic approaches which allows me to respond thoughtfully and flexibly to each person.
My work in Bedford is informed by a knowledge of current research which indicates which counselling approaches are most effective for specific problems such as trauma, anxiety and depression. Therapy can be helpful if managing the understandable anxiety which has been created by coronavirus. Learning ways to challenge unhelpful thinking patterns and to implement effective coping strategies can help if you are struggling with stress caused by the coronavirus outbreak. All therapy takes place in the context of a confidential and supportive professional relationship in which you can learn to understand your difficulties, create choices and make changes. My clinic is easily accessible by bus, car or cycle and free parking is available.
I offer Counselling: EMDR, CBT and Mindfulness in Bedford and near Milton Keynes and St Neots for trauma, anxiety, depression and other difficulties. I also offer Clinical Supervision to Psychologists, Psychotherapists, Counsellors, Trainees and a range of other health professionals. For more information about my qualifications click here.
Find me on Google by searching for EMDR Bedford and CBT Bedford.
MSc MA(Cantab) BLitt BSc C.Psychol AFBPsS
HCPC Registered Counselling Psychologist
- EMDR Europe Accredited Consultant/Supervisor
- BABCP Accredited CBT Psychotherapist
- BABCP Accredited Supervisor
- BPS RAPPS Supervisor
- Gestalt Psychotherapist
Contact & Location: